Today’s legal climate is brutal and the system complex. Seemingly simple cases are no longer simple and difficult cases can seem insurmountable. Our law firm has more than 100 years of combined experience in representing hard-working people in personal injury, wrongful death, car accidents or trucking accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, mine site accidents, fires, construction site falls, and food poisoning cases. Each case we undertake is unique and we are committed to providing our clients with referred attorneys with unparalleled representation. Each case is tailored to reach the best possible resolution. We are sophisticated, dedicated and have an unwavering commitment to our clients.
Our law firm is one of the most highly rated law practices in West Virginia as well as a widely known and respected . We have represented hundreds of plaintiffs in complex medical malpractice cases including:
Because of our years of practice, we have vast experience in litigating against insurance companies, corporations, and others who have interrupted, and in many cases destroyed the lives of our clients and their families.
- The John King/Putnam General Hospital litigation involving over 70 victims of malpractice by a single physician
- Medical device and drug litigation against Fortune 500™ companies
- Automobile/truck/motorcycle accidents
- Defective product claims
- Multiple suits involving workplace safety
Our lawyers are admitted to practice in the states of West Virginia and Kentucky, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, the Fourth Circuit United States Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Pauley Curry is ranked “First Tier” in the inaugural publication of U.S.News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in the areas of Alternative Dispute Resolution and General Commercial Litigation for the Charleston, WV metro area.
- Pauley Curry has been accepted to the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™. Only those select law practices that have earned the AV® Preeminent™ rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory and have been elected by their colleagues as preeminent in their field are included in the guide. This places Pauley Curry in the country’s 5% of law firms who qualify.
- Three of our lawyers are AV rated by Martindale Hubbell’s peer rating system and one or more of our lawyers have been recognized by or are members of The American Trial Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers,
- The Best Lawyers in America for Ten Years,
- West Virginia’s Top Lawyers in America as published by The State Journal, Super Lawyers, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
At Pauley Curry we have extensive expertise in complicated litigation involving catastrophic injuries which requires the use of specialized expert witnesses. We have both access to and relationships with the medical world and other experts needed to prove how you were hurt and to explain the nature, extent and impact of your injuries.
Our firm is dedicated to building relationships between you, our lawyers and our staff so that you receive personalized attention while we work tirelessly to pursue your case. Our size allows us the luxury to meet with you personally. Your needs will be met, your questions answered, and you will get the best results possible. By representing defendants through their insurance companies in the past, we have come to understand how the insurance companies think and operate. Because we have defended many of the same types of suits in which we now represent plaintiffs, we know and understand the potential defenses and how to minimize and overcome them.
In cases of serious injury, there are both immediate and far reaching complications to you and your family. The physical pain, rehabilitation and therapy you suffer and endure are grueling. We understand the difficulties your financial loss causes you and your family – lost wages, loss of earning power including the ability to earn in the future, and the cost of medical care not covered by insurance. We understand your psychological struggles in not being able to work or enjoy life as you previously did. Because of our years of extensive experience, we can articulate and explain all of this so that you get the most for your injuries.
If you think you can’t afford to pursue a case, think again. At Pauley Curry, PLLC, we provide free consultations, by phone, in our office, at your home, or wherever else you may need to meet. If our lawyers agree to handle your case, we work on a contingent fee basis which means we advance all the costs and we do not recover anything unless you do.